Saturday, October 25, 2008

Light and Dark

As I write my heart is breaking….. Just near to our house (literally a stones throw) is a compound owned by a man who claims himself to be GOD! Ok so this is not the first time that we have known some crazy person claiming to be directly from god but the thing that just weighs so heavy on my heart is the hundreds of people that are following him straight to hell. These people dress in white robes but are spiritually in such darkness that one can not help but want to cry. It reminds me of Job 10:22 when he is speaking of hell he says “A land as dark as darkness itself, as the shadow of death, without any order, Where even the light is like darkness."

This “god” is holding some big crusade here in ft. portal to establish his presence and to show his greatness has been shipping in followers from the surrounding areas. From our house last night and again this morning was a huge procession down the road... people wailing, singing, dancing, yelling, just all sorts of craziness. The situation is almost too wack to believe. It is like living the story of Elijah and the prophets of Baal. It has not only been disturbing us but especially Fred our worker who stood last night outside the gate proclaiming the truth of the ONE TRUE GOD JESUS!!His boldness and heart for the lost is contagious. One of the missionaries said that this particular cult is the hardest one to evangelize even more than the Muslims.

Please pray that light would enter into the hearts of these people… that ft. portal would become a PORTAL for truth and life though Jesus.

Psalm 43:3a Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!

4 comments:

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

Wow. I never seen such visible depravity. Praying.

Justine said...

This is totally unrelated... but just wanted to let you know how much your call on my bday meant to me :)

Debbie said...

Hey Clea - after reading all of your writings and catching up on all of what is happening I can't begin to tell you how you have blessed my heart. Your convictions, humor, honesty, and submission to the Lord are such an example. The majority of us will never experience all that you all have shared and we can get so caught in in so much of the trivial and temporal things - I appreciate you sharing, it helps me to keep my perspective in check! We will be praying for you all and want you to know we love you. Blessings & love in Christ - Deb

Hermit said...

I remember a time like this back not so long ago (1995) in India. One of my Hindu friends challenged me to share the gospel to such a God-Man (Swami Sadananda, I think that was what he called himself)..It was his 43rd birthday celebration and people from neighboring villages (in the thousands) had come to pay homage to this guy..I made the trip to his Ashram along with my friend because I was convinced that God would do what was needed..All I did at that time was spend less than 5 mts standing in that ashram and praying that God would do something about this..I think I said something like this..Dear Lord, I know that you wouldn't let your Glory be shared by such people.. I walked away from that Ashram and no less than 24 hours later, this guy is sitting in Jail serving a long prison sentence. I hear he is not out of the jail yet..It taught me one lesson that I will never forget..It doesn't mind how small/trivial it might be, but to our heavenly Father, it's a big deal to hear from us..We'll pray for the thousands in Uganda who are lost..